If you’re trying to increase your ROI, you might wonder how much value does landscape lighting add to a home? Lighting is only one piece of the puzzle.
Landscaping can greatly impact the value of your home. If you’re planning to sell in the near future or simply want to increase value for the long run, there are many ways that you can make it happen. Today, we’ll take a look at a few ways to improve your home’s value, and will answer the question of “How much value does landscape lighting add to a home?”
Landscape Lighting For Brentwood, TN, Homes
A well thought out landscape lighting plan can give you a huge return on your property. Some studies suggest that you may see a boost in property value of up to 20%. However, your return will depend on your market and whether or not people view landscape lighting as a necessary safety feature in your area. At the very least, make sure the lighting along walkways, in the front yard, and in the backyard. In addition to improving safety in appearance, this can also make your outdoor living space more usable at night.
Although landscape lighting can give you a big return, there are many other ways to increase your home’s value as well. These include:
- Focus on the front yard. The front lawn is one of the first things that a potential buyer will notice when they visit your home. Give a good first impression by having plenty of shrubs and flowers to enhance curb appeal. If your home is open for viewing in the evening hours, you also need ample landscape lighting.
- Have an outdoor living space. While outdoor spaces have always been popular in Brentwood, the pandemic made them even more so. An outdoor kitchen, patio, or fire pit complete with professional landscape lighting will make your home seem like a cozier option for potential buyers. And if you don’t plan to sell anytime soon, having more entertaining space at your house will improve your quality of life.
- Add a pop of color. Color can come in many forms, from flowers to exterior paint to hardscape features and even outdoor furniture. Landscape lighting can come in handy here as well since you’ll be able to highlight the depth of color on your front and back lawns day and night.
- Create a low maintenance landscape. A low maintenance landscape is appealing to a potential buyer who doesn’t care to spend time and money on yard maintenance. Hardscape features, such as stone, gravel, and paving tiles, reduce the amount of grass that you have to maintain. Choose native plants that require minimal watering and very little pruning.
- Install a water feature. Water features, such as ponds, fountains, and waterfalls, can add a calming and attractive element to your outdoor living space. They also increase your curb appeal and add value to the property. You’ll want to make sure that the water feature is well-maintained and that you have the right type of landscape lighting to ensure that it’s both visible and safe.
Ultimately, it is not just landscape lighting that will improve your value. Instead, focus on smart landscaping, which can greatly impact your ROI, quality of life, and curb appeal. When you want an outdoor space that’s beautiful, functional, and valuable, consider working with landscape lighting and landscape contracting professionals that can help you make your property stand out.
Lumenate is Nashville’s premier outdoor lighting company. With years of hands-on experience and industry expertise in architectural, landscape, and event lighting, Lumenate can help home and business owners bring out the true beauty of their spaces and create exceptional gathering grounds for friends, family, and clients. Those seeking a truly customized wedding, expo, or other event can trust Lumenate to come up with the perfect lighting plan that includes full installation and on-site maintenance. Lumenate also offers expert holiday lighting for residential and commercial properties throughout the greater Franklin area, including Nashville, Brentwood, and the surrounding cities.